Saturday 29 October 2016

Psychotronic Metamorphosis from 1981 Japan






I believe this was first posted in the mutant sounds blog, which I sorely miss.  The amount of unusual but wonderful music those guys shared still astounds me.

Information is to be found here.

Track b2, No More Rainy Day, pretty much a lesson in progressive rock by our old familiar favourites Negasphere (and here) with its gently spun atonal piano intro leading into hard guitar backed by strings:





Subsequently a wonderful Holst-Planets-like drum beat leads to more chunky chords.  Am I psychotronic myself or is it a progressive masterpiece?




5 comments:

  1. https://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/l2dijx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Julian!''No More Rainy Day'' is actually included in the first (live) cassette Negasphere released back in the very early-80's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's right, I didn't mention that!
      btw the second psychotronic metamorphosis (which I'm sure you don't have) is coming soon... stay tuned for that one!
      we'll see if it's any good!

      Delete
  3. Can you reuopload this japanese monster?
    I really love it.
    Thanks!

    Sincerely

    JRAC

    ReplyDelete